I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gift Tags "take 2"

Well, Halloween has come and gone.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, yikes!  With the new grandbaby due any day I figured it was time to start on holiday stuff...the more I can accomplish early the more time I have to spend with Kipp and her new bundle of joy.  Yesterday Maya at Completely Coastal had a post on "nautical gift tags".  It reminded me of the tags I made last year and how a little coastal twist would be cool.  I got out my Cricut and cut a bunch of tags from card stock, then cut stars and anchors.  The anchors are not on any cartridge I have, rather free clipart from the internet I turned into an svg file using Inkscape and Sure-Cuts-Alot.  Those two tools turned my cricut into a very versatile machine...I don't need to rely on expensive cartridges anymore...I can cut almost anything I can dream up...so cool.  Anyway...here's what I came up with in about 15 minutes.  Thanks Maya for the nudge :)




1 comment: