I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Potholder Mania

Despite a mother fail on my part (not teaching Kipp to sew properly) she has taken potholder making to a new artform!  Apparently there is a contest on the very cute website Prudent Baby (winner gets a new sewing machine) and Kipp is determined to win. She has a machine (she registered for one as a wedding gift and actually got it) but it's pretty rudimentary and breaks down quite a bit.  She is imagining all the wonderful things she could make if only she had a fancy "all the bells and whistles"machine. So, since she is in California and I am here in Hawaii...there have been quite a few texts and calls and e:mails addressing sewing questions and problems.  She has evolved as a "seamstress" in the last few days...it's been really fun to watch.  I asked her to send me some photos so I could share.  Here are her entries (not sure she's finished yet) in no particular order...but you can probably figure out which were her earlier works and which is the last.






2 comments:

  1. I mean are you kidding, that is the cutest owl potholder I have EVER seen. She is definitely going to win!

    ReplyDelete