I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pine Needle Basket Take 2

Well...I have finished pine needle basket number 2.  I have to say, they're really fun to make, sort of mindless work done while watching tv.  Remember my first attempt? Pretty awful, I knew I could improve upon it.  I thought the Hawaiian pine needles would work, but they turned out to be very brittle and broke easily.  I had to wait until Chris came back from the mainland and could bring more needles from Ryan's house. I guess that is better anyway since I wanted this to be a housewarming present for his "newly remodeled" place and the basket would mean more made from his very own pine trees.
So...here is basket number 2. An improvement I think!




I may try some more when I get back to California next month...

Ryan is in Florida for the Ironman 70.3 World Championships...
send him good vibes for a great race on Saturday.

1 comment: