I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Hibiscus Phase

I have been painting quite a bit lately.  Getting into the gallery in Hawi has inspired me.  I also discovered a website of artists committed to painting a painting a day, thought that was quite ambitious... figured I could at least try to paint a few paintings per week.  I've been painting hibicus flowers, mainly because we have many plants around the house and they all seem to be blooming.
First I started with white.  Fun to paint, lots of veins and crinkles and shades of white...
Then I decided to paint the front and the back of a red one...
and then...all 3 colors we have growing


1 comment:

  1. I love the colors! So pretty! And I love the boats that you made! You are an amazing artist! :D

    ReplyDelete