I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Driftwood Sailboat

I saw the coolest driftwood sailboat on the super cute blog Completely Coastal and here and knew I just had to make one.  We have tons of kiavi trees here in Kohala Ranch and they're forever losing branches in the wind.  On my morning walks I usually look for pieces that might make interesting projects.  Yesterday I found a piece I knew would make a great boat!!!  It was really simple, I just drilled a hole in the branch, glued in the "mast", made little sails out of unbleached muslin and "rigged" them to the mast.  It turned out pretty fun, not sure if it will live in Ryan's room or on the bookshelf.






1 comment:

  1. The boat is gorgeous! The entire room is so charming!! I yet have to craft a little driftwood boat! I'm gonna add it to my line up..., it will still be seen by people. Thanks for the link!!

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete