I find everyday presents inspirations for projects. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Slipper" Soap

I needed a hostess gift...fast.  I keep soap making ingredients (well the cheaty kind) in my studio and thought that would be the easiest project to whip up this morning.  It's 2 minutes of work...but a pretty fun finished product.  You'll need a block of soap making soap (not regular soap...doesn't work), a decorative mold, scent, a microwave and microwave safe bowl (I use Tupperware)
Cube soap bar into 1/2" pieces and place in microwave safe bowl


Microwave on high for 45 seconds
 (may be a little more or less depending on your particular microwave)
Soap will be creamy and smooth (stir with bamboo skewer to make sure all the cubes have melted)


Pour in a few drops of scent (I used Plumeria)


Just pour mixture into your mold, careful, it's hot!


Wait several hours for it to really set up 
(I tried to hurry it one time by putting it in the freezer...NOT a good idea)


When set up (hard to the touch) just pop out of the mold


How cute is that???? 
I have them in all my bathrooms in coconut soap dishes



 I wrapped it in saran wrap, tied it with raffia and it's all set for gift giving






No comments:

Post a Comment